Growth Opportunities in Elite Executive & Private Security
Agents who work with JPT Security come from many backgrounds including former police officers, military veterans, DOJ, corrections officers, and other elite security forces.
Our agents are respected members of a tight-knit team that execute with excellence against our unique approach to security which includes the use of cutting-edge technology.
Our agents are discreet, conscientious, trustworthy, and respectful towards our clients.
Why Work with JPT Security
Our core values of Honesty, Strength, and Selflessness drive our commitment to excellence, fostering an environment where our team members thrive and our clients are kept safe.
Join JPT Security and enjoy:
Comprehensive Training Programs
Supportive Work Environment
to JPT Security
Basic requirements to apply for positions at JPT Security include:
- Minimum age of 25 years or older
- Valid driver’s license (if applicable to the role)
- Clean background check, including criminal record check
- Relevant certifications or training as specified in the job description
- Agree to submit to periodic drug testing
BSIS Guard Card
The BSIS (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) guard card is a certification required by the state of California for individuals working in the private security industry. Additional information on BSIS guard card requirements:
Training. Applicants must complete the required training courses from a licensed training facility. The training covers topics such as the powers and limitations of a security guard, legal aspects of security work, emergency procedures, report writing, and public relations.
Live Scan fingerprinting. Applicants are required to undergo Live Scan fingerprinting, which involves digitally capturing their fingerprints and submitting them to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Background check. The DOJ and FBI conduct background checks to ensure that applicants do not have any disqualifying criminal records or history that would prevent them from working as a security guard.
Application Submission. Once the training is completed and the Live Scan fingerprints have been submitted, applicants must fill out an application for the BSIS guard card. The application is submitted to the BSIS along with the required fees.
Licensing and Renewal. Upon successful completion of the application process, applicants are issued a BSIS guard card, which serves as their license to work as a security guard in California. The guard card is typically valid for two years, after which it must be renewed by completing the necessary training and submitting a renewal application.
All assignments are located in the San Francisco Bay Area region including Silicon Valley, San Jose, San Francisco, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Oakland, and Sacramento, California.
Executive Protection Agent
- Conduct regular patrols and monitor premises to prevent security breaches
- Provide excellent customer service and assist visitors with inquiries
- Monitor surveillance systems and respond to alarms or incidents
- Complete accurate incident reports and maintain security logs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively
- Supervise and coordinate security personnel to ensure efficient operations
- Conduct training sessions and provide guidance to security team members
- Perform risk assessments and develop security plans for assigned areas
- Liaise with clients, law enforcement, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Previous experience in security or law enforcement
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of security principles and practices
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of security protocols and procedures
- Develop and manage security budgets and resources
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to assess security effectiveness
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure security objectives are met
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Security Management, Criminal Justice)
- Extensive experience in security management
- Excellent knowledge of security technologies and industry best practices
- Strong leadership and communication skills
JPT Security is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
JPT Group is an equal opportunity employer, abiding by EEOC standards. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. JPT Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Contact us today if you are interested in learning more about careers at JPT Security.